1. Short Title and Commencement –
- These rules may be called the E-waste (Management and Handling) Rules, 2016.
- They shall come into force with effect from 01st Oct 2016. click here to dowanload pdf
2. Application –
These rules shall apply to every producer, consumer or bulk consumer involved in the manufacture, sale, purchase and processing of electrical and electronic equipment or components as specified in Schedule-I, collection centre, dismantler and recycler of e-waste. Click here to Dowanload pdf
3. Responsibilities of consumer or bulk consumer –
- Consumers or Bulk consumers of Electronic & Electrical equipment listed in Schedule I shall ensure that e-waste generated by them is should be handed over to authorised collection centre(s) or registered dismantler(s) or recycler(s) or is returned to the pick up or take back services provided by the producers and
- Bulk consumers shall maintain records of E-waste generated by them inand make such records available for scrutiny by the State Pollution Control or the Pollution Control Committee concerned.